Monday, May 11, 2009

Archive of Indecision for Beads

I have a bad habit of starting projects that I never finish. (There, I've admitted to this in public. Hopefully this will be the first step towards correction of a life-long character flaw. . . doubt it!)

So I have what I call my "Archive of Indecision" of unfinished bead projects (just like the one I have for collage art). My plan is by posting an item a week I will be encouraged to finish that item. Let's see how it goes.

Today's item has only been languishing a week or two. If you have been to the shop recently you probably have heard me talk about it at the bead counter. It's a 22-inch multi-stranded necklace of assorted matte jet black czech glass beads: 4mm rondelles, 6mm druks, 6mm bicones and 4x6mm teardrops. They are separated by matte jet Japanese size 11 Delica seed beads with a sprinkling of red czech seed beads for the zinger.

The necklace of 10 strands will end off in cones. I strung it on 10# Power Pro cord using a size 10 Soft Touch needle.

I'm not happy with the scanned photo above so I tried again with the camera. The picture below shows the strands doubled up and then twisted. I like the fullness so maybe I need to string 10 strands more.